Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We utilize encryption technology to ensure that your personal and financial information remains private and safe. To ensure transparency, we have made our Privacy Notice easily accessible on our homepage and at every instance where we may request personally identifiable information. Your trust is paramount to us, and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and safety of your data.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the megaknifegear.com web site. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages include:
- User ID (if you have an account with us)
- Password (if you have an account with us)
- Email address
- Phone number
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order merchandise and want it sent to a third party, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
- Phone Number
- Email Address (if different from your own)
The Way We Use the Information
At megaknifegear.com, we value your privacy. Rest assured that any personal information you provide during the order placement process will be used solely for the purpose of fulfilling that order. We do not share or sell this information to any external parties, except when necessary to complete the order. To ensure utmost security, your billing information is transmitted to our payment processor using a robust 128-bit encryption, guaranteeing that it remains protected from any unauthorized interception.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our web site and improve your shopping experience. This information in no way identifies you personally. This information may be shared with outside parties for the purpose of enhancing our service.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Commitment to Data Security
In order to ensure the protection and confidentiality of the information we gather online, we have implemented suitable physical, electronic, and managerial protocols to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure proper information usage.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to help protect your order information. This encrypts your credit/debit card number, order information and other personal information. When you access our cart and checkout pages, your computer automatically uses SSL encryption to communicate with our server. You easily can verify that this encryption is taking place by looking at the web address (URL) in your browser window. The address will begin with “https://” when your information is being protected by SSL encryption (the “s” stands for secure). Most modern browsers also will show a green padlock icon.
To further ensure the security of your personal data, we do not store credit or debit card information on our servers. During checkout, your credit card information bypasses our systems completely and goes directly to our payment service provider, Braintree. A division of PayPal, Braintree utilizes some of most advanced security features in the payment processing industry and is a verified Level 1 PCI-compliant processor. Please click here to learn more about Braintree.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
To access the personally identifiable information we collect and maintain online, simply utilize the “login” feature found at the top of the majority of tacticalgear.com web pages. This procedure has been implemented to enhance the security and protection of your information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to submit certain requests relating to your personal information as outlined below.
Categories of personally identifying information that we collect include the following: name, postal address, email address, phone number, and purchase history, including specific items you have purchased; browsing history and search history, including your IP address, and interactions with electronic communications; preference data that you have shared, or that we have derived from your purchase and browsing history.
In addition to the above, we may use information for any purpose if the information does not identify you and cannot be combined with other information accessible to us to identify you.
You are entitled to (1) request more information regarding the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect; and (2) request the deletion of their personal information. Our policies with respect to each of these rights are discussed below. This section also states our policy on the verification of identity for purposes of requests for more information or deletion of information, which is required under law.
Right to Request More Information
You may request more information regarding the following, to the extent applicable:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
- (your right) The business or commercial purpose as to why we collected your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information in the past 12 months.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
- A list of all third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information during the preceding year for third-party direct marketing purposes.
You may submit a request for the information above by email email@example.com. In connection with the submission of your request, we will take steps to verify your identity as outlined below, and you will need to verify your identity before action is taken.
Please note that due to the different requirements of the applicable laws, our response times may vary depending on the specific type(s) of information sought. We respond to all verifiable requests for information as soon as we reasonably can, and no later than legally required.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
Upon your request and confirmation of your identity, we will let you know what, if any, personal information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal information also to delete your personal information from their records. There may be circumstances where we (or our service providers) cannot delete your personal information. For example, if we need to: (A) retain your personal information to complete a transaction or provide goods or services; (B) detect security incidents; (C) protect against unlawful activities; (D) identify, debug or repair errors; (E) comply with a legal obligation (for example, to comply with warranty return obligations) or (F) to document activities and communications with you, including any specific request related to this policy. You may submit a request to delete your personal information by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification of Requests for Further Information or to Delete Information
Upon submission of a request for information or a request to delete information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm that the person submitting the request to know or request to delete is the person to whom the information relates, and to prevent unauthorized access or deletion of information. The specific steps taken to verify the identity of the requesting person may vary based on the nature of the request, including the type, sensitivity and value of the information requested, the risk of harm posed by unauthorized access or deletion, the likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors may seek the information, the robustness of personal information provided to verify your identity, the nature of our business relationship with you, and available technology for verification.
We will generally try to avoid requesting additional information from you for the purpose of verification, but we may need to do so if we cannot verify your identity based on the information already maintained by us. If we request additional information to verify your identity, it will be for that purpose only, and will be deleted as soon as practical after processing the request, except as otherwise provided by law.
The following generally describes the verification processes we use:
- Password Protected Accounts. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may use existing authentication practices to verify your identity, but will require re-authentication before disclosing or deleting data. If we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity relating to your account, we will require further verification (as described below) before complying with a request to know or delete.
- Verification for Non-Account-holders. If you do not have, or cannot access, a password-protected account with us, we will generally verify your identity as follows:
- For requests to known categories of personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty by matching at least two data points provided by you with reliable data points maintained by us.
- For requests to know specific pieces of personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty by matching at least three data points provided by you with reliable data points maintained by us. We will also require a declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, that the person requesting the information is the person whose information is the subject of the request. We will maintain all signed declarations as part of our records.
- For requests to delete personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree or a reasonably high degree of certainty depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm posed by unauthorized deletion. We will act in good faith when determining the appropriate standard to apply.
- Verification by Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make the requests below on your behalf. An authorized agent must submit proof to us that he or she has been authorized by you to act on your behalf, and you will need to verify your identity directly with us through the process described below.
If there is no reasonable method by which we can verify your identity, we will state so in response to a request to know or delete personal information, including an explanation of why we have no reasonable method to verify your identity.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
If you choose to exercise any of the privacy rights, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us. This means that we will not deny providing goods or services to you, charge you different prices or provide a different level or quality of goods and services to you unless those differences are related to the value of your personal information.